Update Aadhaar: If you want to change the mobile number or home address number in Aadhar card, please know that the easiest way at one time was Aadhar card was optional. But gradually it has become mandatory. Now it has become mandatory to link the PAN card to the Aadhar card number for filing the income tax return. But it is often seen that due to human error the Aadhar card gets wrong. Sometimes the name is wrong and sometimes your date of birth is on the card.
In such a situation, you want to make corrections in the Aadhar card. Sometimes your mobile number, home address and e-mail address also change. Still, you are under pressure to update your Aadhar card. The good news is that the Aadhaar card can only be updated online on the UIDAI website.
The Aadhaar website lists three types of facilities to update this information. If you want, you can update the Aadhar card online. Aadhar card can also be updated by visiting the Post and Enrollment Center. The website created for online Aadhaar update is known as Aadhaar Self Service Update Portal. For your convenience, we will inform you about the online update of the Aadhar card data.
Explain that to update Aadhaar card online, you must have the mobile number registered with your Aadhaar number. Because OTP is sent to the mobile number during the update process. If you don’t have that mobile number, go to the Aadhaar Enrollment Center and update it. Only then can you update your Aadhar card online. Please note that Indian citizens can only update their name, address, gender, date of birth, mobile number and email address online. For all other changes, please visit the Aadhaar Enrollment/Update Center.
- First, go to the Self Service Update Portal.
- Enter your Aadhaar number here.
- After this you will receive a one-time password on a registered mobile number.
- Then enter the OTP and go to the update portal.
Aadhaar Data Request Update Aadhaar )
- Then select the option you want to update/improve.
- The great thing is that you can update all options. Hopefully that won’t happen.
- After selecting the option, the aadhar update form will appear for you. Here you can change the information as you wish. Name and address details are updated in both Hindi and English.
- Double check the new information you have provided. Because you don’t want to go back to this website. After verification is complete, click Submit Update Request.
Upload Aadhaar Document (Update Aadhaar)
- Now the change you requested. Please note that no document is required to change email address, mobile number and gender. But to change the name, date of birth and address, you must submit the relevant documents.
- To change the name you need proof of identity (ID card). These documents are valid for ID – passport, PAN card, ration/PDS photo card, voter ID and driver’s license. Keep in mind that the list is long. Find out more about all valid documents by clicking here.
- To change the date of birth, you must provide a birth certificate, a secondary death certificate or a photocopy of the passport.
- A proof of address is required for a change of address. These documents are valid: passport, bank statement, bank card book, bank card book, voucher card and voter card. The list goes on. Read more about it by clicking here.
- There are two or three things to keep in mind when uploading the documents. You must upload the self-confirmed photocopies of the documents specified in the proof. And don’t use the same document for two changes. It would be more appropriate to provide separate documents for this.
Select BPO service provider (update Aadhaar)
- After uploading the required documents, select the appropriate option from the BPO service provider.
- enter request now
- You will then receive an update request number. Save it and write it down somewhere. You can download or print a copy of the update request receipt.
Please note that the UIDAI website clearly states that just applying to update Aadhaar data will not update the information. It will not be updated until you confirm the new information you have provided.
Hopefully you can now easily update your Aadhar card online.
How can I change the address in the Aadhar card (Update Aadhaar)?
- First, go to https://uidai.gov.in/.
- Then go to My Base and then go to ‘Update Your Base’.
- Select ‘Update Population Data Online’ here.
- Click here on Aadhar Update Option.
- Log in here.
- Select the option to change the address.
- Enter the required information regarding change of address and provide proof of change.
- Evidence can be rental agreement, mobile bill, electricity bill etc.
- Then make the payment.
- 50 must be paid.
- After that update, the notification will be received on your mobile number.
What is Aadhar Card?
Currently, the Aadhar card has become the most important form of identification for everyone. It consists of a 12-digit identification number, which is called the Aadhaar number. This number is different for everyone. The cardholder’s name, photo, address etc. is also available in the Aadhar card. The person’s mobile number must be linked to the Aadhar card. Otherwise, the person may get into trouble.
Please check the information before submitting
Check the notification before submitting and then submit. After this process, book your appointment here at the nearest Aadhaar center. In the next step, you have to visit your nearest Aadhaar center and pay an update fee of Rs 25 here. You should also provide information about the mobile number update. During this process, your mobile number will be updated.