PAN Card Upate: Rules Changed- You can check online whether your PAN card is active or not, otherwise PAN-Aadhaar Link: Rules have been changed. As of April 1, pairing PAN-Aadhaar has been made mandatory. The Central Board for Direct Taxes (CBDT) has made a report. According to the notification, a fine will be levied if the PAN-Aadhaar link is unavailable after April 1.
Linking two documents after 1 April carries a fine of up to three months. A fine of Rs.500/- will be imposed for the first 3 months. If they are not linked after 3 months, the penalty amount is Rs 1000. Also, the PAN card will remain inactive until it is linked. Once you’ve paired your PAN, check its status. Also check whether the PAN card is active or not.
PAN card can be canceled
Actually, the last date for linking PAN with Aadhaar is March 31, 2022. If you do not link your PAN-Aadhaar number after March 31, you will have the chance to link with a fine of 3 months. However, if it is not yet paired, it can be canceled or deactivated. According to the tax authorities, it is also illegal to make two PAN cards with the same name. In such a situation, if there are two PAN cards, return one. According to Section 272B of the Income Tax Act, 1961, two PAN cardholders can be fined up to Rs 10,000.
How do you know if the pen has been canceled or not?
You can check at home whether or not your PAN card is activated. The Tax and Customs Administration has an online process to check this, which is very simple. You can find out in 3 easy steps by going to the website of the Tax Authorities.
Step 1: Visit the Income Tax Incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in website. Lots of calls are coming from top to bottom on the left.
Step-2: There is an option called Know Your Pen. Clicking here will open a window. In this, surname, name, status, gender, date of birth and registered mobile phone number must be entered.
Step-3: After filling in the data, a new window will open. You will receive an OTP on your registered. Here the OTP must be submitted in the open window. You will then see your PAN number, name, citizen, district number and comments. Will tell in the comment if your PAN card is active or not.
Apply for PAN Card Online: You can make a PAN card from your smartphone at home, the process is completed in minutes
- To apply for a PAN card online, you must first visit www.incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in. have to go
- Now here you need to go to the Instant Links in Instant PAN through the Aadhaar section.
- After that, as soon as the page opens, you will get the option Get New PAN, which you have to click.
- Here you will be asked for the Aadhar number to fill in.
- After entering the Aadhaar number, confirm by entering the captcha code.
- Here you will be asked for OTP (One Time Password) which you need to click.
- Once you get the one-time password on the phone, confirm it and proceed.
- Here you need to provide more information regarding your Aadhaar.
- After that, you must provide your email address.
- After filling the email ID, you need to click Submit PAN Request.
- Here you will receive a receipt number from which you can download your PAN card.